Terranea Resort, A Destination Hotel, Celebrates Summer in Southern California with Over 100 Seasonal Guest Experiences
The iconic seaside escape is sharing an annual Summer Celebrations lineup featuring a variety of wellness, family-friendly, adventure, live music, and culinary experiences. I was invited by the hotel to spend three days there in a villa alone a while back and it was peaceful and beautiful to spend time alone. I love this place and highly recommend it for all as an escape.
Music on the Meadows (L); Terranea Resort (C); Seaside Yoga Gathering (R)
Terranea Resort, A Destination Hotel, in Rancho Palos Verdes, California kicks off its annual Summer Celebrations this month with an all-new roster of sun-soaked activities designed for wellness seekers, families, couples, adventure travelers, and beyond. Perched along the coastal bluffs of Rancho Palos Verdes and spanning 102 acres, the luxury resort—celebrating its 9th anniversary this year—captures the spirit of the Southern California summer with its sweeping ocean-view lawns, winding hiking and biking trails, beach cove kayaking, and panoramic seascape views. In addition to the robust activity offerings, guests can also enjoy four pools (one of which features a 140-foot water slide), The Links (a nine-hole, par-3 golf course), an award-winning 50,000-square-foot spa and fitness center, fine dining destinations featuring a committed farm-to-table program (including honey, sea salt, fresh eggs, etc.—all harvested on property or at the resort’s nearby farm), and more.
Activities range from a variety of live music offerings to the second iteration of the resort’s signature Immersive Wellness Retreat; highlights include but are not limited to, the below.
Summer Events at Terranea:
- World Oceans Day – On June 9, 2018, Terranea invites guests and the local community to join as it continues its mission to preserve and protect the natural environment in which it resides; in partnership with local organizations including the Marine Mammal Care Center, the resort honors this day of education and activism by offering a lineup of activities in support of oceanic health, including a Kelp Forest Clean Up Kayak Tour, Captain Gray Whale Cookie Decorating for the kids, and Guided Educational Nature Walks
- Music on the Meadows + Fourth of July Festivities – On July 4, the resort’s annual summer concert takes over its sweeping ocean-view lawn with live music, Farm-to-Terranea barbecue fare, and refreshments from local craft breweries
- Fourth of July Fried Chicken & Caviar Dinner – Guests and locals alike may take part in the annual picnic tradition of dining on fried chicken—but with a twist; Chef de Cuisine Andrew Vaughan prepares a family-style menu of Southern-style fried chicken alongside luxe Petrossian caviar and select Champagnes (5-9:30 p.m. at mar’sel)
- Immersive Wellness at Terranea – Back by popular demand, the second iteration of the resort’s new wellness-focused series takes place August 24-26, and invites guests to nourish the mind, body, and soul with inspirational and educational events ranging from expert speakers and interactive workshops, to mindful spa treatments, and beyond
- Celebration of Food & Wine – Terranea’s fifth-annual food and wine festival takes place September 7-9, featuring multiple daytime and evening events with seasonal menus prepared by the resort’s award-winning culinary team; events celebrate local and sustainably grown ingredients with wines to pair; in past years, guests have enjoyed one-of-a-kind experiences like dining at the Beach Cove, a marine location naturally carved by nature and a popular spot for dolphin spotting
Summer Experiences at Terranea:
- Chef's Summer Tasting Menu at mar’sel – June through September, mar’sel Chef de Cuisine Andrew Vaughan offers a five-course summer tasting menu featuring fresh vegetables grown on the property, local seafood, and pasture-raised meats, all prepared with a nod to his Louisiana roots
- Sunday Dive-In Movie Magic – Every Sunday from Memorial Day to Labor Day, Terranea’s heated Resort Pool screens family-friendly “Dive-In” movies under the stars, complimentary for resort guests
- Summer Soother at the Spa – Featuring a blend of cooling and moisturizing ingredients ideal for a summer day (like aloe vera, prickly pear, and pomegranate) this special anti-inflammatory body treatment runs throughout the summer
- Stargazing – Guests can immerse themselves in the wonders of the night sky; families are guided by their own star dial and map, available at the new Experience Center
- Mandalas & Margaritas – Guided by a spiritual wellness coach, guests learn the art of mandala while enjoying a refreshing oceanside margarita
- Sound Series at Nelson’s – Every Friday and Saturday night throughout the summer, guests can enjoy live musical entertainment at this restaurant on the bluff while dining on signature po’boys and sipping craft beer pairings
Summer Savings at Terranea:
- California Coastal Dreaming – Guests can live the California dream this summer with a custom itinerary of beach experiences and famous L.A. attractions; daily scheduled activities include kayaking, golf, and painting by the sea, and more (promo code: DREAM18)
- Sunday Fundays – Guests opting to extend their weekend stays to include Sunday night enjoy special food and beverage vouchers redeemable throughout the resort (promo code: FUNDAY)
- Christmas in July – Throughout July, guests who book their 2018 winter holiday stay early to save 20% on two-night stays, 30% on three-night stays, or 40% on four-night stays (or longer); bookable July 1-31, 2018, for stays November 2018 through January 2019 (promo code: SANTA18)
- #TravelTuesday – Follow Terranea Resort (@TerraneaResort) for updates on weekly summer offers, posted exclusively to social media every Tuesday
About Terranea Resort, A Destination Hotel
Located on the Palos Verdes Peninsula, Terranea is the premier oceanfront resort in Southern California with 102 acres of unparalleled Pacific Ocean views on the Los Angeles coast. Terranea opened its doors in June 2009, and offers world-class accommodations that range from hotel suites to bungalows, oceanfront casitas, and luxurious villas, which are also available for purchase as seaside second homes through Terranea Real Estate. Amenities include The Links at Terranea, a nine-hole, par-3 golf course; award-winning 50,000 sq. ft. oceanfront spa, fitness, and wellness center; four swimming pools and a 140-foot waterslide; marea luxury boutique; 135,000 sq. ft. of conference and meeting space; and nine dining venues including signature, farm-to-table fine dining restaurant mar'sel; Catalina kitchen, serving a New American menu showcasing the bounty of California in a comfortably chic environment; Nelson's, a cliffside spot ideal for whale watching; and Asian-inspired bashi. Terranea takes pride in its farm-to-Terranea culinary philosophy that focuses on utilizing local and sustainable ingredients. Terranea's bountiful land boasts herb and vegetable gardens, lemon groves, beehives, farm-fresh eggs, a Sea Salt Conservatory, and more. In addition, the resort’s team of expert Experience Concierge members at the newly created Experience Center help guests discover and explore Terranea’s rich terrain that includes miles of scenic coastal trails, a secluded beach cove, and ocean environments. Fun, enriching programs and activities such as falconry, kayaking, and paddleboarding also abound. Terranea Resort, an AAA Four-Diamond and Forbes Four-Star property, is owned by a joint venture comprised of Lowe Enterprises and JC Resorts and is a member of the American Express Fine Hotels & Resorts program. Since its opening, Terranea Resort has been named one of Travel + Leisure’s “500 Best Hotels in the World” and earned a spot on Condé Nast Traveler’s “Readers’ Choice Awards” and “Gold List.” The resort also received the “Award of Excellence” from Wine Spectator and has been recognized numerous times on U.S. News & World Report's “Best U.S. Hotels” list.
About Destination Hotels
Destination Hotels (Destination) is a collection of independent luxury and upscale hotels, resorts, and residences across the United States. Offering authentically immersive and enriching experiences, each property is individual at heart, yet connected by a commitment to drawing upon the best of each location. Highly distinct, the Destination experience is always memorable and matchless; guests will feel the locale in a genuine way through each property and during the engaging moments cultivated both within and outside of them. Continuously growing with more than 40 properties from coast to coast, the award-winning portfolio features 20 renowned golf courses, 20 indigenous spas, and 110 exceptional bars and restaurants. Destination Hotels are true to our place; diverse by design. For more information, visit www.destinationhotels.com.